As the third largest city in Illinois, Rockford is full of culture and diversity, arts and education. In many ways, it has all of the benefits of a big city but offers a more affordable, livable community environment.
Students at all four campuses engage in a wide-variety of campus activities, including committees, clubs, and other student organizations. Many students join several as a way to explore and expand their interests.
The following link gives a listing of student organizations you can join while studying at University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford:
In addition to the above, there are many other ways to get involved in activities within the local community. Students can enjoy some of the pleasures of the forest city such as:
- More than 10,000 acres of parks and forest preserves
- Adventure trails and nationally recognized public gardens
- Camping, hiking, biking canoeing, and golfing
- A very easy commute to any destination within the city
Students also have access to all of the more "urban" pleasures of Rockford, including:
- The Burpee Museum, home of Jane - the most complete juvenile T-Rex in the world
- The Starlight Theater, an Architectural Digest award winner
- Easy access to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago