Minimum Degree Requirement:
A baccalaureate degree must be earned prior to the anticipated enrollment.
Biological and Physical Science Pre-requisites
- Two courses of general biological sciences or equivalent with laboratory
- Two courses of general inorganic chemistry or equivalent with laboratory
- Two courses of organic chemistry with an accompanying laboratory (Note: One course of introductory biochemistry may substitute for the second organic chemistry.)
- Two courses of general physics with laboratory
- One course of advanced-level biology (must be at least a 200 level course)
Behavioral Science Pre-requisites
- Candidates must complete three courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences in the following disciplines: Psychology, Anthropology, Economics, Gender Studies or Sociology.
- Two of the above three courses completed must be in the same field of study.
- If an applicant is uncertain whether a course will count toward a behavioral science pre-requisite, the applicant must provide documentation on the content of the course to be considered by emailing or calling the admissions office
- MCAT: All candidates must take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) no more than three years prior to enrollment. The MCAT exam will be changing in 2015. Please visit the AAMC website to determine which version of the exam you should take based on your planned enrollment.
- Letters of Recommendation: Premedical committee evaluation OR three letters from instructors (any field of study) from whom the candidate has taken courses. One of the letters can be from a research mentor. These letters should critically evaluate the candidate’s academic ability, strengths and weaknesses, motivation for medicine, maturity, difficulty of course work, and special attributes/assets. Personal letters of recommendation are not acceptable. If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program or professional school, one letter must be from a faculty member at the graduate or professional school.
- U.S. Citizen Status: Every applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a permanent resident immigrant visa at the time the application is submitted to AMCAS.
- On-site Interview
Additional Admissions/Matriculation Requirements:
- Self-certification to Safety and Technical Standards requirement