University of Illinois College of Medicine
1853 W. Polk Street
Chicago, IL 60612
Recognized as one of the country’s best medical schools, the College of Medicine is also its largest. Our diverse student body of 1,351 students hails from a wide variety of cultural and economic backgrounds. This diversity adds to the rich educational experience that is the College of Medicine.
The College’s four campuses—located in Chicago, Peoria, Rockford, and Urbana — take advantage of the state’s urban and rural environments and offer numerous opportunities for clinical training and research. Our distinguished faculty contributes to the college’s reputation as one of the best schools for both undergraduate and graduate medical education. The College’s 75 residency programs are highly sought after.
To produce new knowledge in the medical sciences, develop best practices in health care delivery, and educate the next generation of physicians and biomedical scientists committed to serving the needs of Illinois and the nation.
For the UIC College of Medicine, this mission is guided by the following values:
• Excellence everywhere - in research, education and clinical work.
• Collaboration with all who can advance our mission at UIC and UIUC, the medical district and other institutions world-wide.
• Diversity- in all its forms from students, to areas of research to collaborative partners- as a means to a higher quality of health care for all.
• Innovation and Translation of new knowledge and new approaches to disease and health care delivery.
• Integrity and Commitment to the people we work with as patients, research subjects, communities and our own students, faculty and staff.
• The Promise of Hope for our patients and supporters by striving toward cures for diseases that have plagued humankind for millennia.
We welcome your questions. Please contact us.